How to do online baseball betting
Runline Betting - The baseball runline is different from football and basketball since not enough points are scored
to make the point spread wager feasible, however, making a bet at a sportsbook is still an easy process and ticket
writers are more than willing to assist you. For the convenience of both the house and player, the best way to do
baseball betting is to use the numbers assigned to each team by the official Nevada Sports Schedule. For the
purposes of this discussion and for a point of reference, let's assume you wish to do baseball betting on the
following game, using the baseball betting runline appearing on the tote board as followed; 20 Baltimore
(Erickson)21 NY Yankees (Cone) -1.5, -120Difficulty
Time Required: 2 minutes
1. The team's assigned number is the number to the left of each team. In our above example, Baltimore is #20 and
New York is #21.
2. This baseball betting game will be referred to as game "20/21" with Baltimore being team #20 and the New York
being team #21.
3. The number to the right of the team is the run & money for that team, with the number always being listed
beside the favorite. In our above example, the Yankees are the favorite, giving the 1 and 1/2 runs, plus a player
betting New York must risk $1.20 for every $1.10 he wishes to win on a dime line.
4. Using the baseball betting dimeline in this example, a baseball bettting fan backing Baltimore would receive the
1 and 1/2 runs and $1.10 return on every $1.00 wagered.
5. The home team is always listed on the bottom unless a neutral site is noted. In our above example, New York is
the home team.
6. Unique to baseball betting, pitchers are also listed, (referred to as "the arms"). When betting the arms, should
a listed pitcher not start the game - all baseball bets are off and wagers are refunded. Virtual Bookmaker is one
of the most respectable online sportsbooks. Not only does Virtual Bookmaker offer the best online baseball betting
but it also offers an incredible Affiliate Program. Join and deposit now via: Neteller, Credit Card, Western
7. If a baseball betting player decides to bet on New York they would go to the window and declare "I would like
$12 to win $11 on team #21, Yankees with Cone less the run and a half".
8. If a baseball betting player decides to bet on Baltimore they would go to the window and declare "I would like
$11 to win $12 on team #20, Orioles with Erickson plus the runs".
9. If New York wins by 2 runs or more, all those who do baseball betting on the Yankees would win $11.00 for every
$12.00 they bet, thus collecting $23.00 for every $12.00 wagered.
10. If New York wins by 1 run or if Baltimore wins, all those who do baseball betting on Baltimore would win $11.00
for every $10.00 they bet, thus collecting $21.00 for every $10.00 wagered.